The 2nd edition of the Hackathon for Peace, Justice and Security will take place in The Hague, The Netherlands from 14-16 June. Organized by the Municipality of The Hague, participants are invited to use their skills in artificial intelligence to hack for peace, justice and security by solving real world problems. UNICRI, through its Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, has joined this initiative, becoming a challenge owner alongside Translators Without Borders and the National Rapporteur for Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation of Children.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
- OICT and UNICRI join efforts to maximize the potential of emerging technologies for crime prevention and criminal justiceUnited Nations Headquarters, New York -Signing of the agreement between the two UN entities UNICRI and the United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) signed an agreement establishing a framework for their cooperation.
- High-Level Event: Artificial Intelligence and Robotics - Reshaping the Future of Crime, Terrorism and SecurityUnited Nations Headquarters, New York -Together with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) and the Permanent Missions to the United Nations of Georgia, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the United Arab Emirates, UNICRI convened a high-level event at the United Nati
- United Nations HQ, New York -United Nations Headquarters, New York Conference Room 11 2 April 2019, h:15.00 – 18.00 UNICRI, together with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) and
- Accra, Republic of Ghana -
- Turin (Italy) -On 27 March 2019, UNICRI and Global Affairs Canada signed a multi-year agreement for the implementation of the project “Enhancing capacities to prevent the trafficking of radiological and nuclear (RN) material in the Middle East.”
- Miran International Hotel, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan -
- Shanghai -The Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS) and the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), through its Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, jointly hosted an event in Shanghai, China, e
- The Hague -OPCW and UNICRI event during the 4th Special Session of the Conference of the States Parties to the Chemical Weapons Convention More than 70 experts, including representatives of the Member States of the Organization for the Prohibition
- New research study on Identification and Analysis of Malware on Selected Suspected Copyright-Infringing WebsitesTurin -A new research study on the identification and analyses of malware on selected suspected copyright-infringing websites was published by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Palais des Nations, Geneva -Second Network Partners Meeting On 5-6 September 2018, UNICRI, in cooperation with the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), held the 2nd INB Network Partners Meeting at the Palais des Nations, in Geneva.
- Participation in the review of developments in the field of science and technology related to the Biological Weapons ConventionGeneva -On 9 – 10 August UNICRI participated in the 2018 Meeting of Experts of the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC) held at the Palais des Nations, in Geneva.
- Singapore -Tackling future policing challenges with AI and robotics
- The Hague -Artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies are two of the most promising, complex, and fast advancing current technological developments.
- The Hague -Strategic partnership between UNICRI and 1Qbit to support the Centre on AI and Robotics The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) and 1QB Information Technologies, Inc.
- Kasserine, Tunisia -
- Palais des Nations, Geneva -Applying technology to reinforce security and promote development Palais des Nations, 8-14 avenue de la Paix (Pregny gate), Room 24 Geneva, Switzerland 13 June 2018 The meeting Applying technology to reinforce securit
- 10th Round Table Meeting Eastern and Central Africa and experts’ meeting on chemical waste managementKigali, Republic of Rwanda -