In March, HealthMap.org, a disease surveillance website that aggregates reports from social media, news websites, and public health officials, shared a link from a French language news website in Guinea reporting eight deaths from a mystery illness that appeared similar to Lassa fever. Nine days later, the World Health Organization reported the start of the Ebola outbreak in Guinea.
- Turin -The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) is organizing two new courses on emerging threats towards states and citizens with the aim of promoting an in-depth knowledge of specific issues such as cyber crimes an
- Workshops and stakeholder meetings held in Lisbon on the occasion of the European Cyber Security MonthLisbon -On the occasion of the European Cyber Security Month, the National Security Cabinet of Portugal hosted a series of workshops and events in Lisbon on 6 - 10 October.
- Presentation of a new Report on Protecting Citizens' Rights and Countering Illicit Profiling in the European UnionRome -An International Conference entitled “Protecting Citizens’ Rights Fighting Illicit Profiling” will be held in Rome on 26 September 2014.
- A new Report on the Impact of the Crisis on Gender Equality and Women's Wellbeing in the European Union Mediterranean CountriesGeneva -A new Report on “The Impacts of the Crisis on Gender Equality and Women’s Wellbeing in European Union (EU) Mediterranean Countries” has been presented at the Palais des Nations in Geneva on 18 September 2014.
- European Union External Action Service (EEAS) Co-Chair Statement on the 20th EU-ASEAN Ministerial MeetingBrussels -European Union Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Centres of Excellences Risk Mitigation Initiative (EU CBRN CoE) The 20th EU-ASEAN Ministerial Meeting took place in Brussels on 23 July 2014.
- Rome -The 2014 edition of the Summer School on Human Rights, jointly organized by UNICRI with the John Cabot University in Rome, Italy, successfully concluded its first week of activities.
- Accra -Accra, Ghana, 11 July – UNICRI and the Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) delivered a training course on Good Clinical Practices (GCP) Inspectorates and GCP Inspections, in partnership with the Food and Drugs Authority of Ghana.
- Madrid -UNICRI presented new developments related to its CBRN Risk Mitigation and Security Governance Programme at the plenary session of the Annual Meeting to Coordinate Assistance and Protection under the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), which was hel